Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Still no news

I have not heard from my doctor yet re: my test results. Because he is Austrian, I expect him to go about his work with utmost efficiency, which he often delivers. While I assume his eerie silence is merely because he has not yet had time to review my results, I am well aware that they may (as per usual) indicate that - in the words of too many medical professionals- "there's nothing wrong."

This possibility would not, however, account for why I felt weak and uncomfortable most of the afternoon - or was noticeably piqued throughout our weekly staff meeting - until my supervisor kindly hand-fed me some mn'm's. (Or is that "eminem's"?)

I have to lie down now.

This is called "So very tired," which is why I posted it. If you have the energy, then click on the title of this post, and you will learn more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

I can't tell you how many times have I waited for test results like this! The results of each were as follows:

1. benign (it was just an ingrown hair)
2. normal (no signs of hematuria)
3. Not fit to stand trial (a close one)

Cheer up! Until the phone call, you aren't dying of anything!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

Thank you both so much for your concern and support. It's true that I am not feeling well: I am actually forgoing at least $120 (today's pay, had I gone to work) in order to stay home and feel bad (as opposed to going to work and feeling more bad. Or 'my bad').

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the promised comment from "anonymous" who lives in Davis. Because of our long association, I am concerned about your health.Chicken soup is always useful for vague illnesses. But then, you knew that.But it's also my job to mention it, again, in light of our long and unique association.
The best home remedies I know of are:

chicken soup
chocolate
staying in bed reading stupid women's magazines while eating chocolate
heating pads or similar devices
warm baths
steam tents
a nice walk in the fresh air
fresh flowers
teas
a massage
sleep
cat warmth
new shoes

Even if you have tried these already, you might try again while you're waiting for your Austrian doctor to phone you.

In the meantime, take cheer from these insightful words by Yanni: "a little song, a little dance! I wiped a booger on my pants!". (Everything is transitory.)

Love,
Anon.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home