Wednesday, December 21, 2005

"Happy Holidays"


In that region there were shepherds living in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. Then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.

But the angel said to them,
Fear not, for I bring you good tidings of great joy. Unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign for you: you will find the child wrapped in bands of cloth, and lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace and good will to men.



Featuring, clockwise from left: Wooden Cat (sheep) Drinking Bird (shepherd), Catnip Mouse and Afrokin (sheep), Snorlax (Joseph), Juju Doll (Mary), Dreaded Vacuum Monster from The Yellow Submarine (Angel of the Annunciation), Paul from The Yellow Submarine (Caspar), McDonald's Happy Meal Baboon from The Lion King (Melchior), Kokopelli (Balthazar), and Baby Jesus (as himself).

3 Comments:

Blogger Frankkumon said...

That Kokopelli: he's everywhere.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Beautiful!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

except for maybe my retro Barbie tree

Beau, please post a photo. Your public begs.

Did I mention that every year I set up this crêche on top of my circa-1986 turntable? If I really had some chutzpah, I'd rig up some way to make the whole thing rotate. Alas, my Christmas spirit has been flagging this year, and raised its ugly head all too late (like, Christmas Eve). I'd like to believe it's the Jewish guilt at fault, but more likely it's just the usual, banal, post-millenium malaise.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home