Sunday, June 18, 2006

From the Vault: I Thought About It

Call me naive, call me stupid, call me an obtuse, self-deluding narcissist (actually, please keep your negative criticism to yourselves), but I find it both uncanny and more-than-slightly troubling that after thirteen+ years of life in New York I continue to feel the way I described in the rudely scrawled narrative below, dated May, 1993. The only thing that has definitively changed since then is the view from the window (as pictured). And I have traded in certain portions of my tired, ill-fitting, frumpy wardrobe for strangely-cut awkward styles unsuitable to my age and station. True, I also wear more black than I did back then, but this never stops me from feeling alienated at parties. However, instead of contemplating suicide, now I just drink more. It's easier, usually less messy, and either way I'll go home alone. Which is probably a good thing, since I still seem to attract especially weird men in inappropriate party attire.

For those without the latest maxi-widescreen LCD flat-panel monitors, click on the image to see it in magnum. I make no promises re: legibility. Also: handwriting - still bad. Also: no longer a "young person."

4 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

What's so great about change? Do you think Charles Dickens ever changed? Answer: No! And now we have such masterpieces as A Tale of Two Cities. Think about that the next time you're trying to change.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

Well,A Tale of Two Cities is really lesser Dickens.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Frankkumon said...

It's good that you didn't go for that young person and the party. Guys from Shelbyville are more sophisticated -- and preditory --than guys from, say, Springfield.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Hogg said...

It might be fun to read, but I can't think of anything more boring than writing A Tale of Two Cities. Besides which, he warn't young people.

Cool post! I love to visit your cool blog. I have a cool blog about astrophysics research!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home