Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Birthday: reconsidered, rehashed, and regurgitated



June 29 1982: Spazzed to the max

Yesterday was my 13th birthday. My mom made chicken cordon bleu for dinner and we had cake for dessert. She gave me a whole bunch of Garfield stuff. Today we are making a cake.* I’m having my birthday party on Thursday. I hope K.C. can come .I really like the Bumblebee. He hasn’t called me back. I hope he got the invitation. I’m too embarrassed to call him. I like him! Janice’s mom is going to decorate my birthday cake. My cat is spazzed out to the max right now.

*for my party

July 28, 1982: Cheap shorts

Hello! Today I bought a nice pair of shorts for $14. I have been swimming 30 laps a day for the last two days. I want to continue and lose weight from my starch addiction. I got a new swimsuit. It’s real nice. Tomorrow I’m going to my gramma and grampa’s. I’m so fat!


June 23 1986: Art school dropout

This first day has been fun, but demanding. I slept awfully last night and I was kind of sick. But I met some nice people and the guys who put in our light bulbs are pretty cute. My drawing class is very exciting. I found it hard to believe how exhausted I could get sitting for three hours. I really like my instructor. He said we should keep journals. I’m feeling like I will learn and grow much from this class, and from the whole experience. But the graphic art instructor is really cute – young also. I kinda wish I was in his class…It’s weird – it feels like I’m already 17 because of my early party. But next week it’s real. I miss my cat. And mom.

July 1, 1986: "Not just for pain relief"
Last night I o.d.’d on extra strength Pamprin. I took three, actually, but the first two made me fall asleep in Ed’s room to Berlin (ugh) on volume 10. The third made me feel really great, though.


June 28, 1993: The more things change, the more they stay the same

This morning I cleaned the apartment and then went out to a birthday lunch with Jim. He said he wants to move back to New Zealand, eventually. It’s warm today, partly cloudy. I wore my new flowered dress – without underwear. Of course, I told Jim when we sat down… I am lonely and I wish that more of my friends were around me, but so far I’ve had a nice birthday. I hope I find a good job soon. I hope I can start writing again, soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

1988:
"maybe come fix stereo tomorrow? no pillow fights. I'm sick. whatever anyway thanks. - Lisa"

3:01 PM  
Blogger Karima said...

June 28, 2005: Posted on my blog. Who needs friends and a job when you have a blog. Much happier now.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home