Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Well of Onliness (A Pre-Pride Week Rip-off)

Did God make me this way? ... or was it my first boyfriend?



The emotional rollercoaster is finally back on track. For awhile I was beginning worry that I would never doubt my thoughts, feelings or experiences ever again.

In fact, this mood fluctuation (which, I'm always being told, is "perfectly normal") has only enhanced my capacity for introspection and indecisiveness, although I've wondered for years if I've been trying too hard to have what I can never have, to be someone I can never be. Is the reason I've spent so much of my life alone obvious to everyone but me? Should I go ahead and re-assign my Salon.com profile to the other side?


Likes:
  • "In the Life"
  • bears (or in straight parlance, "I ♡ fat boys")
  • Kashmir
  • really cool women
  • geeks
  • fixing things
  • (most) competitive sports
  • sex with someone who knows what (s)he's doing

  • Dislikes:
  • "One Tree Hill"
  • Abercrombie and Fitch
  • Zeppelin IV
  • really cool men
  • girlie girls
  • feeling helpless and confused
  • New Games
  • 98% of total sexual experience to date

  • Food for thought...
  • chopped hair off 4 times since age 22 (the "coming out" age)
  • well-known breast obsession
  • feel at ease among the queer
  • didn't kiss a boy until age 14
  • penises are kind of weird


  • Not bloody likely...
  • missed my long hair after 2 months
  • want the breasts, not the woman
  • will identify with any marginalized group, as long as it has a hit TV show
  • never kissed a girl
  • penises are kind of cute - plus, really enjoy a good poking


  • And finally, the Greek Chorus
    ...

  • Dr. A: "Why do you think you're a lesbian, just because you're miserable and alone?"
  • Chris W.: "You would make an excellent gay man."
  • Guy in bed: "I can't help fantasizing about you and --"
  • Me: "Maybe it would just be easier this way."
  • Mom: "Of course I'll still love you. But I want grandchildren."

  • Anyone who wishes to help me answer this question, feel free to comment in a thoughtful and informed manner that does not break the strict Internet and Internet2 obscenity laws in WY, VA, DE, IA, and ND.

    PS: I would prefer that respondents be male and straight - but (obviously) I'm open to suggestion.

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Kurt said...

    What was the question?

    8:11 AM  
    Blogger Karima said...

    I wish to comment in a thoughtful and informed manner but I have a current restraining order in place for breaking the strict Internet2 obscenity laws in WY. One "insightful" comment on a WY blog on my part and the Feds showed up my door - can't anyone take a joke anymore?

    10:01 AM  
    Blogger Lisa H. said...

    Kurt-
    The question is so obvious it is staring you in the facve and you can't even see it. Welcome to my world.

    12:23 PM  
    Blogger Lisa H. said...

    Exsqueeze me, but Pride Week (aka Gay Shame Week) is not over. In fact, it is only just starting. And I should know, missy. The real issue is, why does no one else have anything to say? Should I take the deafening silence to mean "yeah, go ahead and be gay - given your track record, you're probably better off. It couldn't hurt, anyway" ? Or is it that no one actually cares about my happiness? (which is really the same thing if you think about it).

    11:13 PM  
    Blogger laura r. said...

    lisa h. i think you need to get a little more crafty & get outta your head.

    6:26 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home