Saturday, February 19, 2005

I caved



Originally uploaded by Lisa H..
Last year I taught myself to knit and, in keeping with my general under-achiever personality type, I have only finished a few projects, several of which no one would be caught dead wearing. Harnessing the amazing power of my internet-addiction in my efforts at knitting auto-didactery, I discovered the vast world of knitting blogs. They were indeed helpful, but overwhelming in scope and concept. I promised myself that if, in the unlikely event of my own personal blog, it would not be a knitting blog. Since I am a poor knitter with no real dedication to the craft, that was a good decision. But Laura R.'s general craftiness and her encouragement of same in other bloggers (and former bloggers) finally made me cave. Thus, I am presenting my most recent finished project. (Hint: it's a tea cozy.) The pattern was basic; I added the decorative flourishes myself.


I shudder to think that March is just around the corner, and soon it will be time to get out that spring sweater I didn't finish last year - the one with $120 worth of fancy italian yarn - so that I can rip it all out, start over, and have it done by the end of July, maybe.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa H. said...

I'm pretty sure the tea cozy could be easily transformed to any number of warm, sturdy, and practical garments.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

I can't believe you haven't finished the sweater! So I made that trip to Italy's yarn belt for nothing?

11:24 PM  
Blogger laura r. said...

Lisa H.!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that tea cozy!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go.
I have been knitting too!
Love it!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home