Thursday, February 24, 2005

Now in cool cherry blast!



I've been home for three days straight sitting on the sofa feeling disoriented , dizzy, and tired. At first I thought it was just the two bottles of Robitussin that my doctor recommended for the uncontrollable cough, but even when I ran out I still felt weird. During intermittent periods of lucidity, I also spent some time standing on my head thanks to my new yoga blocks, since being upside down is supposed to be good for the body. The cough is nearly gone.

Although I can never, ever regain the last 72 hours of my life, at least I have gotten some work done on the sweater I started last fall. And, taking care of my upstairs neighbor's 23-year-old cat (sadly, lame and dying of cancer) has given me a sense of reality and purpose. I think I should have stuck to my tween ambitions and become a veterinarian, instead of a bum, which is what I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

and you coulda been a contenda!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Karima said...

lisa, i saw your comment on our blog and as a friend of EGIT's I wish he would let me tell you where the knitting class is but alas he has banned me however you are a knitter and a yoga-er and therefore I have decided I need to figure out where I can fix you up with him for a blind date? email me: ksundarji@yahoo.com

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home