Saturday, March 05, 2005

J'accuse - Je refuse!

I've noticed a significant fall-off in both email and telephone communcation since I began this blog. It seems that now my friends (you know who you are) only contact me - if at all - by occasionally commenting on my blog posts, and once in awhile by email, usually just to fact-check something I wrote in my blog. Even my blog-wary mother (you know who you are) has joined the ranks of the tele-phobic; while I'm pleased that she now reads my blog compulsively, I haven't heard from her in over a month. This is a marked change from our thrice-weekly long-distance confabs of the past.

In protest, I am refusing to post until my friends and family begin calling me again. I'm pretty sure you can think of something to say that won't depress me further, and/or which hasn't already been mentioned in my blog.

To start you off, some possible topics could include:

-My sinus infection
-That BEK cartoon in last week's New Yorker
-Books we like
-How's my cat?
-Recently featured on Leonard Lopate/UPN News Rundown (for New Yorkers only)
-Recipe exchange
-Most recent episode of The O.C.
-to Condoleezza Rice, Ariel Sharon, or Adam Gopnik
-Politics, excluding Iraq and domestic policy (boring!)
-Mediocre celebrity sightings

And please people, no discussion of my dissertation, recent therapy sessions, or my current medication regimen, unless initiated by me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

Lucky for you and me that our telephone and email correspondence ended years ago, so there's been no recent decline.

Here's hoping your real friends call!

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do call, a lot, I just don't say anything when you answer. Don't you recognize my breathing?

Love you!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get used to it, Lisa. Part of approaching forty means watching all your friends couple and nest. Then, you never hear from them again.

Prepare for it to get worse, then worse still. Also, get more cats.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home