Monday, March 14, 2005

Supplement: Year of the Burn

In the last six months, I have met and/or corresponded with more available, interesting, and attractive men than I have met in the last four years. And in every case, something went inexplicably and terribly, terribly wrong, for at least some of the following reasons.

-Politically over-engaged ->Bush won
-Had a lot in common ->apparently, couldn't handle the mere prospect of my friendship
-Just broke up with girlfriend ->neurotic and controlling
-No spark ->got bored with me
-Wonderful date, "really connected" -> ongoing "business trip"


Why have millions of women who are meaner, bitchier, more neurotic, stupider, more boring, and even (dare I say it) uglier than I am found true love? What do they know that I don't? What do they do that I wouldn't ?

Maybe I need to increase my Bitch/Asshole quotient. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

I have a suggestion: Dig up old wounds and parade them in public in your friends blog comments. It will hurt their feelings and way increase your bitchiness.

No clue why others can find love and you (we) cannot. Perhaps we are expecting love to be something meaningful, when for most people it's about liking the same rock bands.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

JF,
April Wine is not a rock band; it's a way of life.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Karima said...

lisa - this is exactly why we started the experiment figuring maybe we weren't finding the right people and getting crushed in the process so...1. this forces us to use our new "processes" to meet more people and 2. when we get crushed, it's still fun because we get to post something funny about it.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home