Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Life as a Fashion Victim

The Highlights (as interpreted through Google)



1976: The souvenir Muumuu

1978: Gauchos

1979: Dittos

1980: Rainbow belt
and Gunne Sax



1981: The Izod fallacy

These exact Nikes


1982: Androgynous beginnings, New Wave intimations: Shiny Skinny Tie


1983: Esprit


1984: When Mod goes wrong (when doesn't it?)


1985: Hippy-hi (Think "Mod" + a lot of pot)



1986-1988: The Salvation Army is stationed in my closet




1990-2005:
The extended 15-year remix of 1984-1988, with interludes of (relative) taste, punctuated by brief periods of fantastic delusion and identity crisis






4 Comments:

Blogger Karima said...

Hey, can I come raid your closet?

From a firm believer that the all white Nikes with the swoosh are still the only right ones...thank you for highlighting them.

I notice you did not end the montage with your new good ass pairs of pant. What gives?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

Karma, I do not consider myself a victim of Good Ass Jeans. Rather, you and they both liberated me from my years-long jeans-phobia.

I left out my New England faux-lesbian/folkore society phase, only because it wasn't that interesting.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Hogg said...

Izod in 1981; man you were cool!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

Thanks Hogg! Yeah, I entered 7th grade a regular tabula rasa in terms of coolness. Than God for that snide "nice floods" comment the first week of school - it pretty much revolutionized my whole concept of personal style from then on.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home