Saturday, August 20, 2005

My Night with the Diamond, My Life with the Diamond

Not since my birth have I experienced anything as apotheostically fantastic as last night's Neil Diamond concert at Madison Square Garden. I can only pray that future milestones - such as marriage, the birth of children, and my (perhaps untimely) death - will provide even half of the joy and sense of total self-realization as being in a packed arena as thousands upon thousands of 50+ couples, gal-pals, and their bored yet slightly curious children stood up, waved their hands, and sang "Sweet Caroline."


Who could say "no" to this punim? Or that hair?

Although I'm not expecting to marry any time in the foreseeable future, I'm taking this opportunity to direct you to my registry. It would be a good idea to begin saving now, as these plates are a bit pricey and hard to come by, and I and my future spouse will need a standard place-setting for eight.


AUTOGRAPHED NEIL DIAMOND ART PLATE-Measuring 10½" inches in diameter, "Beautiful Noise" depicts Diamond as he is seen performing in front of his devoted fans. It was manufactured in 1997 by Gartlan USA, and features the artwork of Michael J. Taylor. Issue price was $225. This piece is in mint/new condition. Autographed by Neil Diamond. Hand signed in gold paint pen.

It's a first, but I'm truly at a loss for words. For a more comprehensive run-down of last evening's events, please see Virgin-ia's post at DWTW: Why I Want to Be a Backup Singer for The Diamond.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

He has aged well, especially the punim.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Karima said...

Wow! What a coincidence. I saw The Diamond last night too!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a fast make money need site/blog. It pretty much covers fast make money need related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Frankkumon said...

Lisa: I distinctly recall your saying "I am" to no one there,
and no one heard at all, not even the chair.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Mayo said...

"you've got a great blog! I am deffinantly going to bookmark you!"

What is that about...I mean really? Maybe I'm ignorant to the capitalism of blogging but Niel Dimond is beautiful so Blogevalt: Rock it out!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home