Thursday, March 17, 2005

Nature or Nurture ?

Mom arrived this morning and we've enjoyed a full day cookie-baking, sharing make-up tips, and discussing feminine hygiene products.

I also administered the Asshole/Bitch test to her and we're both pleased to discover that she's a mere 27% A/B. Naturally, this led me to suspect the test's accuracy. Although Mom and I fall into the same general Bitch range, I can't help but wonder how the hell my quotient (30%) is higher than hers. Then, I had a brilliant - and scientifically-valid - idea: I completed the questionnaire for my father (posthumously) and found out that in spite of my skewed idealism he is (was), give or take, 47% Asshole/Bitch! Although his score is far lower than Kurt's, it still explains a lot!



Moreover, further calculations reveal that I seem to have fallen notably below the mean Asshole/Bitch average for both parents. Now I understand how those Drosophila experiments we did in high school Biology can make sense in the real world!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

I answered the quesions honestly. Does that make a difference?

11:42 PM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

It's very possible Dad's score could be even higher than yours, but as he has been dead for over 20 years, I had only my general memory of him, and my genetic intuition, to guide me. I sincerely tried to ignore the love I feel for him when answering the questions, since a) he's not alive, so it can't be "real" love anyway, and b) my therapist requires me to do this on a regular basis.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, i'm lost. your therapist requires you not to feel love for your father?

12:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa H. said...

No, just to ignore it.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home