Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I was right

If you're reading this, then you've noticed that I haven't posted anything on my blog for several days.
In the mean time, I

* Cooked (and ate) bhindi masala

* Resolved my outstanding "sleep debt"

* Completed many of the thankless tasks on my list, excepting some household chores (the carpet is turning into a scattered field of cat litter, but whatever.)

* Shredded 3 years' of credit card and bank statements, 1999-2001 (you should always keep the last 4 years of all financial records)

* Wrote 3 job application letters

* Put away 1 month's worth of clean laundry that has been accruing disinterest on my bedroom floor (I didn't know I had so many pair of underwear!) ("pair" is a plural noun, BTW)

* Spent 3 hours at the NYPL writing a new outline for my dissertation. If I post anything more about this, however, I probably will not look again at my outline.

* Had 2 "fruitful" sessions with Dr. A

* Went to yoga class twice

Based on this flurry of normal daily activity, there is only one logical conclusion to make. As Kurt so eloquently put it (offblog), this blog is an "energy hole." I have other, more important holes that deserve my attention at present. The hole in my soul is only one of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

It's four years for taxes, one year for credit cards. Trust me.

As long as you're taking my advice, Blind Justice, the TV show with the blind police detective, is as stupid as you'd imagine.

Also, Tootsie Pops give you a stomach ache. This was proven in recent tests at my house with 2 subjects, 7 and 40.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Karima said...

Now that you have done all of these offblog activities*, you will have more time to post again, right?

*also a plural noun

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home